This chai spiced pumpkin bread brings the best of fall flavors together with warm fragrant Indian chai spices.
As the days begin to cool, there's nothing more perfect than this warmly spiced bread to take the chill out of those upcoming crisp days.
This bread is so luscious and moist. The earthy chai flavors enrich the hearty pumpkin taste and infuse the bread with the most wonderful aromas. The fragrance of your home while these are baking should be bottled up and made into a candle.
Chai Spiced Pumpkin Bread:
(makes 1 loaf)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 2 black tea bags steeped in 1/4 cup hot milk (I used assam tea)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of all spice
Pre-heat oven to 350F.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
Fold in the pumpkin puree and the milky tea
(make sure the tea has completely cooled before adding)
In another bowl mix together the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Then add all the spices to this.
Add the flour mixture into the pumpkin mix.
Fold until just combined.
Grease a loaf pan and pour the mixture in.
Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350F
Allow to rest and cool on a rack.
Serve slightly warm and buttered, maybe with a nice cup of hot chai!